Summer 2024 Programs
Exceptional Futures is planning an Exceptional Summer!
Join us for sports and recreation, music therapy, arts and crafts, and a variety of special interest groups, but most of all, enjoy being a part of a community of friends!
The Exceptional Summer Program is for ages 16 and up. You can sign up for individual weeks or all four weeks.
Summer 2024 dates are as follows from 9am - 2pm Monday through Thursday:
Week 1: June 3-6
Week 2: June 10-13
Week 3: June 17-20
Week 4: 24-27
We are grateful to Church on Main for allowing us to use their beautiful facility for our Exceptional Summer.
Interested in Signing up?
For more information, please complete the Inquiry Form and we will get in touch with you to discuss. Space is limited so don’t wait!
Please note participant criteria for Exceptional Summer:
- Participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Participants should possess independent self-help skills. Specifically, participants should be able to toilet and feed themselves.
- Participants should be able to follow simple instructions and participate in activities with minimal staff assistance and verbal redirection.
- Participants should have a level of social maturity to the degree that he or she is able to interact appropriately with other program participants, including no verbal or physical aggression. Participant must have the desire to engage and participate in group activities.
- Exceptional Futures is a get-up-and-go kind of program. Participants must be able to manage transitions both planned and unplanned with minimal verbal redirection.
- Participants should not require one-one assistance or exceed the staff/participant ratio of 1:10 due to physical, cognitive, or medical needs.
- Each participant begins the summer program on a trial basis. If there are any issues the director will consult with the family to determine if the Exceptional Futures program can adequately and safely meet the needs of the participant.